The following are NIH-specific documents that will aid you in the application process.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research: NIH’s Central Resource for grants and Funding Information.
- Standard NIH Deadlines: NIH application cycles and their relationship to due dates, review and council dates, and earliest possible start dates.
- NIH Grants Policy Statement: The NIH Grants Policy Statement (NIHGPS) makes available, in a single document, the policy requirements that serve as the terms and conditions of NIH grant awards.
- NIH Forms-E: Guidance developed and maintained by NIH for preparing and submitting applications via Grants.gov to NIH and other PHS agencies using the SF424 (R&R).
NIH eRA Commons and Grants.gov (Cayuse): What You Need to Know
- NIH eRA Commons Registration: You must have a NIH eRA Commons Account in order to apply for NIH funding. This account is created by OSP.
- Systems and Roles can be found here.
Resources from NIH
- NIH Email Alert System: Provides notices of new publications about funding programs and other NIH business.
- Information for Researchers: Provides resources for NIH funding, grant process, etc. for researchers.
- Previously Awarded Grants and Contracts: Searchable database of previous grants and contracts funded by NIH and publications associated with NIH funding. It also has matchmaker tool, which allows you to enter abstracts or other scientific text and Matchmaker will return lists of similar projects from RePORTER or program officials associated with those projects. A summary of funding information of NIH Institutes/Centers for Active Projects.
- News & Events: A listing of NIH related news, virtual learning, and in-person training events.
- Active Funding Opportunities