The following are NSF-specific documents that will aid you in the application process.
Components of a Typical NSF Proposal
- NSF Grant submission Checklist
- Collaborators & Other Affiliations Information (Instructions, Workbook, FAQ)
- Data Management Plan
- Postdoctoral Mentoring Plan (if applicable)
- Supplementary Documentation (varies by RFP)
- Components of a Typical NSF Proposal
- Cover Sheet
- Project Summary
- Table of Contents
- Project Description
- References Cited
- Biographical Sketch(es) (Biosketch Sample)
- Budget and Budget Justification
- Current and Pending Support
- Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources
- Special Information and Supplementary Documentation (Data management plan; Postdoctoral mentoring plan)
NSF Proposal Development
- Proposal & Award Policies and Procedures 2019 (Effective Date: February 25, 2019)
- NSF FAQs (Effective Date: January 30, 2017)
NSF FastLane: What You Need to Know
- Click here to learn how to give OSP administrative access.
- Click here to learn how to assign a PIN to a Proposal.
- FastLane FAQs from NSF can be found here.
Resources from NSF
- NSF Email Alert System: Provides notices of new publications about funding programs and other NSF business.
- NSF Events Alert System: Provides notices of grant and policy outreach events, grant conferences, policy/award-related webinars, and proposal and award policy newsletter.
- Previously Awarded Grants and Contracts: Searchable database of previous grants and contracts funded by NSF.
- Webinars: A listing of NSF related webinars.
- Active Funding Opportunities